- XenForo > 1.4.x
Have you ever searched for a simple sale solution allowing your user to sell their stuff directly from the forums ?
Forum Sales is the solution ! Through a few additional fields to fill-in upon thread creation or edit, your users can start selling their stuff through threads using paypal. You can fine tune who and where sales are possible thanks to usergroup permission and nodes configuration.
This product is also for you a new source of revenue thanks to Paypal Adaptive payments implementation, allowing you to set a percentage you want to retain on user sales. The percentage amount is automatically processed during the payment and sent to your paypal account while the rest is sent to the seller account.
Of course, you can also let your user decide wether they want to donate or not a percentage of the sale as a participation to your website cost, all through options.
If you authorize it, user can as well contact the seller to buy through another mean (no automatic percentage on sales in that configuration).
- Simple classified solution
- Node based usergroup permissions:
- Can sell
- Can buy [NEW 1.4.0]
- Percentage on sales (if active)
- Authorization to request other payment mean
- Manage sale by anyone
- Per node activation and percentage on sales configuration. Can be set to only allow sales thread in node. [NEW 1.4.0]
- Three possible percentage on sales configuration for nodes:
- Node value based
- Permission based
- Monetization possible thanks to automatic percentage on sales retrieval
- Fully configurable:
- Authorized currencies
- Paypal payment configuration
- Unprocessed sales reset timeout (upon button click, sales are put on hold until purchase is performed)
- Choice to display the price or the sold status on threads row in the threads list
- Limitation of the maximum amount for the percentage on sale amount for each currency
- Minimum price for each currency
- Sales expiration delay (to avoid sales from going indefinitely with eventually buyer gone) [NEW 1.4.0]
- Sale configuration upon thread creation or sale management in Thread Tools menu:
- Sale status
- Option to accept contact per PM for other payment means
- Option to require a physical address to be input on Paypal (buyer's protection requirement)
- Donation amount (if active)
- Immediate payment validation thanks to Paypal Express Checkout
- Usergroup permissions to allow user to contact the seller to purchase through other payment means
- Buyer alerted upon successful sale [NEW 1.4.0]
- User criteria (for trophies) [NEW 1.4.0]
- Number of sales
- Total amount of sales
- Capability to change for each forum from the default thread list view to a grid view with an image thumbnail (using first attachment) [NEW 1.5.0]
The readme is available HERE.
Frequently Asked Questions
You can find some hint on how to configure paypal API HERE.
Once you have purchased a product, go in the Your licenses page from the shop to set your domain name and start downloading your product.Dismiss Notice
XF1 Forum Sales 1.5.1
Simple solution to allow users to sell items through the forums using paypal.